20 Cleaning Hacks For When You Just Don't Want To3:00 PM
Cleaning is a serious chore and there are some days that we just don't want to clean. Aside from straightening up on a daily basis to keep the clutter down, there are a few ways that you can clean your home while still taking a lazy day.
Some of these seem a little too lazy, but I'm sharing these ideas as a way to inspire you to take the easy way out, but also for a little laugh.
1. Run a packet of lemonade Kool-Aid in your empty dishwasher. It will make it look and smell cleaner.
2. Wrap your pans in aluminum foil when cooking in the oven so you don't have to wash it. I do this all the time when baking french fries or anything simple in the oven. It works like a charm.
3. Use your dishwasher to clean toys. No need to measure bleach and water ratios here!
4. Washing your windows with newspapers prevents streaks and cleans them just as well!
5. Use chalk to remove grease stains. I prefer Resolve with Spray & Wash, but whatever works.
6. Clean your gunk-ridden pans with hydrogen peroxide.
7. Clean soap scum with a dryer sheet. You may still have to put a little elbow greases into it, but it doesn't take nearly as long as a scrub brush. Tried and true! It works great!
8. A coffee filter works great to gently remove dust from television and computer screens!
9. A lint roller works wonders to remove that awful dust build up on lampshades. I do this once every few months and they look brand new!
10. Want to be really lazy...I mean REALLY lazy? Buy the single serve cereal boxes and pour the milk right in the little bags. Boom, no dishes! (This one made me chuckle.)
11. Ran out of Swiffer pads? Grab an old face cloth or dish cloth. It easily pops right into those little slots just like the pads and works just as good!
12. Keep a dish sponge filled with one part vinegar and one part Dawn dish soap to clean the shower while you're in there.
13. Ditch the bar of soap in your shower with liquid soap or shower gel. You'll get a lot less soap scum this way!
14. Put things away as you go or at least have a "catch-all" set up for each person in the house to corral all the junk and make it easier to put away later.
15. Make a "No Shoes In the House" policy. You're floors and home will be cleaner and healthier. (Oh how I wish my family would stick to this one!)
16. Line your fridge with shelf liners or (even better) Press N' Seal wrap. Easy to remove and replace!
17. Don't scrub your microwave! Put a bowl of water and heat up in your microwave to soften the splatter. You'll be able to wipe it away no problem
18. Line your George Foreman grill with aluminum foil for easy cleanup! I wish I had known this before because cleaning it is a pain!
19. Line the bottom of your oven with aluminum foil or an oven liner to quickly clean up spills.
20. Remove stuck-on lint balls from an old hoodie, jacket or tee with a shaving razor. Easy peasy!
I hope you enjoyed this list! You either learned something new or at least had a quick laugh! Do you have something to add to the list? Share below!