35 Nail Hacks For The Perfect Manicure12:00 AM
Who says you need to go to a professional for an awesome manicure? With the right tips, you can create those Pin-worthy manicures you see and love! Along with great tips to get the perfect design, you'll also get some great ideas on how to maintain and fix any issue!
Dry Your Nails Faster
- Set your color by submerging or running your fingers in cold water.
- Spray your nails with Pam.
- Use hair dryer on low setting.
- Place your fingers in the freezer.
Painting A Cleaner Manicure
- Line your nails with Vaseline.
- Tape around and under your nails.
- Use cotton swab to remove polish from cuticles.
- Swipe some lip balm around your nails.
- Wash your hands after polish dries in warm water.
Create Your Own Nail Art
- Apply thin coats of paint to plastic wrap. Use hole punches or craft punches to stamp out designs.
- Makeup sponges create awesome ombre effects.
- Dental floss creates perfect lines.
- Use a toothpick to create polka dots. Want a larger dot? Snip the end off with fingernail clippers and sand the edge with a nail file.
- Use painter's tape (the blue kind) to tape off sections to create different patterns.
- Highlighters create the best watercolor effect. Just add topcoat.
- Sharpies are a great way to add quick and easy designs.
- Hole reinforcement labels work great to create a french manicure.
- Want a straight line? Try a rubber band.
- Make your nails glow by breaking open a glow stick and pouring it into a bottle of clear polish.
- Make your polish matte by adding cornstarch to clear polish.
- Use a loofa for fishnet designs or spiderwebs on Halloween.
Nail Problem Solutions
- For a broken nail that can't be cut, apply nail glue, gauze and then another coat of glue.
- Apply a ridge filler in place of a base coat.
- Peeling nails? Give your nails a break between manicure. There may be a lack of oxygen.
- Use nail clippers or cuticle scissors to remove hang nails.
- Reduce yellowing with lemon juice, hydrogen peroxide and buffing.
Make It Last & Fixes
- Wipe your nails with white vinegar to remove oils and allow polish to adhere better.
- Apply a coat of base coat on the tip of nail. Let dry and apply another coat over the entire nail to prevent chips.
- Get a better, more even coat by applying polish to the middle of the nail and then on either side.
- Apply nail polish thinner (not remover) to thick polish.
- This sounds weird, but licking your finger and smoothing smudges works great! You can even fix a smudge with your tounge...just try not to swallow any paint.
- Use VapoRub for Nail infections.
- Remove gel manicure with acetone, gauze and aluminum foil. Soak the gauze and wrap your fingers with the aluminum.
- Roll the bottles of polish between your hands instead of shaking it. This will prevent bubbles.
- Make your polish apply smoother by putting the bottle in the fridge for 15 minutes