Makeup Habits To Break12:00 AM
Here are some makeup habits that I`m sure we all have done in the past and even I`m guilty of. They're not uncommon for us to do, but are habits that need to be broken. It's good for you and your skin will thank you!
1. Going to bed with your makeup on. It`s unhealthy to go to bed with your makeup on because the dirt, oil and makeup you have worn all day sits on your skin while you sleep and can cause eye irritation, break outs and clogged pores.
2. We make the mistake of storing makeup in our bathroom. The warm, moist air created by the shower promotes the growth of bacteria in your makeup and can actually shorten their life span. It`s recommended that you store your makeup in a cool, dry place.
3. Not cleaning your makeup brushes, which to me, is rather disgusting and possibly the worst. The build up from the brushes can be bad for your skin. Clean your brushes every 2-3 weeks with baby shampoo or mild soap and warm water will greatly reduce the growth of bacteria and dirt.
4. The use of expired makeup. It`s not that it`ll really harm you, it`s just they won`t work as well. They will start to deteriorate. Colors won`t be as vibrant and can look splotchy on your skin. You have to keep in mind that bacteria does grow on the cosmetics also which is yucky to think of anyway. If you're not sure when makeup expires, you can check out one of my older posts, When Does Makeup Expire? (Free Printable). You'll find a printable with all of the expiration timelines for each cosmetic that you can print for free!
5. Not using sunscreen. This is probably the most important one to pay attention to. Using a moisturizer than contains a good SPF will help with preventing sunspots, wrinkles and, yes, skin cancer. This will also help you to remember to use it.
Stay in the loop!