Refrigerator Organization6:15 PM
Today, I'm here to show you how I organized my refrigerator. I've been trying to come up with a working system for quite some time because, like I'm sure you understand, there never seems to be enough room when you really need it. Organizing the fridge has multiple benefits. It makes it easy to find items and recipe ingredients, it helps you keep track of expiring food like yogurt and vegetables and to prevent from buying duplicates or forgetting to buy staple items like butter and coffee creamer to name a few. Here's the end result of my refrigerator.
- The top shelf I use for leftovers on the left and my hoard of beverages on the right. We like options. Lol.
- The bins on the middle shelf contain dairy and lunch meats. From the left, eggs, yogurt, lunch meat and cheese and the last is butter, coffee creamer and grated cheese. It's important to keep these items on the middle shelf because it's the coldest part of the fridge and these are the most fragile items.
- The bottom shelf is for bread product such as pizza crusts, tortilla wraps and bagels. The bin on the left holds my potatoes nice and neat. I know what you might be thinking. You keep your potatoes in the fridge?! Yeah, I know. They aren't suppose to but I find that, in my house anyway, they last longer.
- The bottom chrispers are for vegetables and fruits. They actually keep your produce fresh longer so it's key to store them here if you can. (It'll save you money.)
- I don't use the chrisper on the door for anything, so when I pre-package my daughter's school snacks, I put them in here for easy access. This includes carrots, cucumbers and peppers. She loves them and this keeps the bags organized and out of the way. The top shelf is for dressings and sauces. It's not extremely neat, but I have yet to master the condiment organization. ;)
- The bottom holds the mayo, ketchup and other beverages that won't fit on the top shelf. I love raspberry ginger ale. :D
Care to share your organizing ideas for your refrigerator? I'm all ears. :) Thanks for visiting today!